We are recruiting Facilities Assistants.
You will work as an essential part of the team, supporting the Facilities team with non-clinical tasks in the catering / housekeeping department whilst helping maintain a safe, clean, comfortable environment for the patient.
You will be trained to perform all tasks related to catering and housekeeping. You will required need to cover all service tasks as required and to cover absences of others.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that the catering service provided is in a safe manner in accordance with service standards and targets including all current and food safety legislation.
- To identify and agree with the manager or deputy, the food dietary requirements for all patients
- To provide the main kitchen with accurate information on the correct amount of meals required
- To receive and replenish food items for use on the wards i.e. milk, bread etc
- To regenerate food (if required) place in hot holding trolley and undertake service.
- To check all food for quality, quantity, taste and appearance prior to distribution and service
- Daily check temperature of fridge and record
- Ensure all catering equipment and all surfaces are kept clean at all times
- Provide a cleaning service in accordance with set standards, adhering to colour code policies and ensuring all procedures are carried out in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act and COSHH
- Using electrical and manual equipment provided to clean and maintain floors, surfaces, walkways, ledges, fixtures and fittings in all rooms including kitchens, toilets, bathrooms and bedrooms.
- To use the cleaning or microfibre mopping system as required
- To replenish soap, alcohol gel and all consumable products
- To liaise with supervisor regarding additional cleaning e.g. isolation rooms, bed space, terminal cleans
- Remove all hazardous, non hazardous and recyclable waste from the ward to the waste room.
- To replenish waste bags accordingly.
- Ensure that waste rooms are locked when not in use
Stock, supplies and maintenance:
- To alert the staff member in charge to any aspects of concern or dissatisfaction from patients in respect of the service.
- To report any damaged equipment and maintenance issues for repair.
- To unpack stock, rotate stock and supplies where necessary
- Food Hygiene Certificate (we are able to provide you with a link to obtain one, cost to be paid by yourself, if you don't have a current one)
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- To be able to work as a team member and the to be able to work without direct supervision
- Cleaning techniques within a catering environment in accordance with food hygiene legislation
- General knowledge of cleaning techniques
- To be able to respect people's dignity, privacy and confidentiality
- To be able to commit to flexible working
This is a temporary role for a duration of 3 months, possibly longer.
There are both full time (37.5 hrs) and part time (17.5 hrs) hours available.
- Full time shifts will be either 7 am - 3 pm or 11.30 am to 7.30 pm.
- Part time shifts are 4 pm - 7.30 pm
The hourly rate is:
- Weekdays - £8.92
- Saturdays and nights - £12.67
- Sundays and Bank Holidays - £16.41
We are offering immediate starts subject to a satisfactory references and DBS check.